Capacity Building Hub: Strengthening Caribbean Civil Society
CPDC seeks to ‘make an impact on public policy’ by equipping fellow non-governmental organisations. Therefore, CPDC aims to host the premier online data platform to deliver capacity building services and/or information in the civil society sector across the Caribbean region. It provides information to help civil society in its pursuit of operational sustainability. In the same token, the hub is a useful resource to support efforts of achieving sustainable human development.
This Hub aims to strengthen Caribbean civil society by:
- Aiding in knowledge assimilation and dissemination;
- Providing tools to enhance technical skills;
- Being a bridge to other hubs/ institutions to identify capacity building needs.
It provides resources across a range of thematic areas identified by regional civil society actors. The seven (7) thematic areas are:
- Gender Equality Tools;
- Project Management;
- Resource Management; and
- Strategic Planning.
For each of these, information will be divided into four (4) subcategories:
- links; and
- self-assessment tools.
These resources are developed by CPDC and/or our other development partners.
We would like to acknowledge and thank our partners:
- Canadian Council for International Co-operation
- Christian Aid
- Civicus – World Alliance for Citizen Participation
- Funds for NGOs
- Global Campaign for Education
- MANGO (Management Accounting for NGOs)
- Oxfam International
- Telecentre Foundation
- The United Nations (UN)
- UN Women
- US Agency for International Development