There is an available opportunity to join the #SparkYouthPower campaign on International Youth Day.
Young activists face many roadblocks when trying to create change, from lack of access to resources to tokenism and age discrimination. This year, CIVICUS wants to focus on inspiring the world with solutions that can help youth create impact!
On August 12th, use the hashtag #SparkYouthPower to express your ideas and existing solutions on how to improve youth participation in civil society.
Share your solutions on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook! We will be interacting with your posts during the day and amplifying your voice with the wider CIVICUS alliance.
Become a Youth Action Team Leader
The CIVICUS Youth Action Team is looking for new members! Applications are open for two activists from Europe, two from the Americas and one from the Pacific. They will serve a renewable mandate of 12 to 14 months.
The CIVICUS Youth Action Team is an established group of young members that provide strategic guidance on how youth participation issues can be better mainstreamed in CIVICUS’ programmes, and how CIVICUS Youth can develop new activities aimed specifically at strengthening youth participation in civil society.
If you respond yes to the following questions, apply here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YATnominations before 31 August 2019!
- Are you a young activist 30 years old or younger?
- Are you engaged in your community through social movements, students associations, civil society organisations or community groups to promote a sustainable, peaceful and just world order and systemic change?
- Do you belong to a network of young activists in your community, country or region in Europe, the Americas or the Pacific?
- Do you feel confident in providing your perspectives and insights to the CIVICUS alliance on good practices to increase youth inclusion and champion meaningful youth participation across the alliance?
- Are you eager and available to work with a virtual and multicultural team for the next year, have access to an international network of activists in the global south and be part of a team steering an international community of over a thousand young activists?
- Are you a CIVICUS voting member?
Types of Members at CIVICUS:
There are two types of members at CIVICUS: associate members and voting members.
The latter can vote for YAT candidates, nominate and vote for Board of Directors members and have input on other strategic priorities.
Voting members are invited to contribute with a fee, but fees are optional for organisations with an income of under $80,000/year as well as for individual members.
If you would like to upgrade your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting your YAT application.
YAT Terms of Reference
Please read the YAT Terms of Reference before submitting your application form. Click on the link to access it: http://bit.ly/2GWbSj3
The application form requires you to answer a few questions and submit a short video where you explain why your involvement in the YAT will contribute to creating a civil society that is more inclusive of and accountable to youth.
Shortlisted candidates will be presented for election to CIVICUS Youth voting members in September 2019. Make sure to upgrade your membership if you want to vote!
YAT members are required to commit to 8 – 10 hours per month implementing the YAT strategy, which includes:
- Attending monthly virtual calls
- Providing feedback on CIVICUS youth programming
- Acting as an ambassador of CIVICUS Youth
- Mobilizing networks to improve youth participation in civil society
- Contributing to CIVICUS Strategic Priorities
The application form will be open until 31 August January 2019 at 23:59 pm GMT + 2.
Please share this call with all regional youth networks and movements you feel should be represented in CIVICUS’ Youth Action Team 2019 – 2021.
Please e-mail email@example.com for any queries.