In support of USAID’s development objectives, RTI International is implementing a project: Local Capacity for Local Solutions award. Under this project, Comprehensive Capacity Grants will be awarded with an approximate value ranging from $8,000.00 to $15,000.00 (over a 12-month period). The purpose of the Comprehensive Capacity Grants is to strengthen the operational and managerial capacity of NGOs so that they can be more efficient, effective, and sustainable in their operations and better contribute to development goals in their countries. The grant will pay for the time of employees of the NGO to participate in capacity building activities and, in select cases, to apply their skills to develop policies, systems, or structures that will help these organizations improve their operations.
Who is Eligible:
Any Non-U.S. NGOs that are:
- implementing activities in one of the key USAID sectors: youth/citizen security (priority sector); HIV/AIDS; LGBTI; or the environment;
- registered and working in at least one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad and Tobago.
- interested in improving their organizational and managerial capacity by fully participating in capacity building activities; and
- A priority will be placed on NGOs that work with USAID-funded projects, although this is not a requirement.
In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
- be legally registered and operating in one of the six countries mentioned above;
- have physical space to conduct their activities;
- have a proven track record of successful implementation of projects in the proposed county;
- have been active for at least 3 years operating within their sector and respective country;
- have at least three (3) staff; which can be a mix of full-time, part-time and volunteers;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project – not acting as an intermediary/consultant;
- be willing to comply with all technical and financial requirements for participation in the program, including reporting and documentation of project activities; and
- be willing to participate in assessments, training, workshops, or other activities considered important for achieving project goals and be eligible to receive funded awards from the United State government.
Terms of Reference/Application form:
[av_button label=’Terms of Reference/Application’ link=’manually,https://cpdcngo.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Expression-of-Interest-for-a-Grant_Local-Capacity-for-Local-Solutions-Project_FINAL_6.28.18.pdf’ link_target=” size=’small’ position=’left’ label_display=” icon_select=’yes’ icon=’ue82d’ font=’entypo-fontello’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ custom_font=’#ffffff’ av_uid=’av-7qhfp’ admin_preview_bg=”]
Submissions are to be sent to the RTI via electronic mail to email@example.com. Only typed, electronic submissions will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Sunday 8th July 2018 by 5:00 pm (UTC/GMT -4).
Applicants may only submit one Concept Note per organization.